Friday, April 25, 2008

nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.


"(forgetting me, remember me)" Is there anything prettier than the changing of the seasons? i almost feel that just as my interest in one season begins to wane, another one is either ascending or descending.
F
a
l
l
i
n
g

That mighty backwards fall. into the arms of that...girl. that girl? that girl...i do not know if you noticed that i used the word "prettier" above, instead of "beautiful." Perhaps "beautiful" is overused today, rendering it, well, not as "beautiful" as it once was. The word "pretty" seems simpler, more powerful...timeless. Ernest Hemingway knew the value of this word when he chose to end The Sun Also Rises with what might be the greatest closing line of any novel, "wouldn't it be pretty to think so?" Mr. Hemingway quite deliberately, and quite brilliantly chose that word.
Spring appears to have arrived. Just in time. in time. time. thyme. just one more cup of coffee for the road. one more cup of coffee 'fore i go, "to the valley below." whirlpools and bougainvillea pedals. in losing her i found myself. i will find myself. i found myself. there are so many roads in life. so many roads that lead to the human heart. so many roads that will lead us to our eventual destination. so many roads...
answered prayers are prayers answered~* what will become of me? what will become of you? what will become of us when we are old and gray? is it useless to think about it? i wonder if we create our own destiny. Shakespeare wrote "there's a divinity that shapes our ends, rough-hew it as we may." this divinity certainly is not always paved with tulip pedals and raindrops. sometimes our future seems to be as black as the soles of satan's feet. lined with people whose souls are as black as the soles of satan's feet. a saint i ain't. but i do set my heart to the "controls of the sun." tomorrow is saturday mourning. girl x. will you love me for all of my light? will you love me for all of my dark? perspective. one day. with your hand in my hand, we will walk alone, along that tree bend. "wouldn't it be pretty to think so?"
[fade out 8:59 pm]

No comments: